Threaded conversations, or threads for short, keep your team’s conversations organized by specific topics.
To kick off a discussion, just start a thread. Your teammates will be able to read it and respond with their own comments. The whole conversation stays organized and on topic from start to finish.
Threads are organized inside channels that represent broader topics like #Marketing or #Support.
Here’s what threads look like in action:
- Thread topic
- Comment input box
- List of other threads in the channel
- Number of people following the thread
- Indicates whether you have starred the conversation and offers more options (like mark as unread, copy the thread link, delete the thread or edit the thread subject)
- Select who you want to notify
- Add an attachment
- Post the comment when you're done
Why use threads?
- Threads keep conversations organized by topic from start to finish.
- They make it easy to keep track of multiple conversation at once without getting overwhelmed.
- You can easily catch up on and contribute to a conversation on your schedule – no pressure to reply in real-time.
- You can quickly search for and find old conversations from last week, last month, or even last year along with all of the original context.
- You can save and share links to any thread for easy reference later.
Use threads to...
- Present a new idea
- Introduce a new team member
- Keep track of a new support ticket
- Ask for feedback on a piece of work
- Share status updates (threads can often replace meetings)
- Make a teamwide announcement