Messages allow you to chat 1-on-1 with someone or with small groups from within your team. They’re used for shorter, finite conversations– like wishing a teammate happy birthday, and are useful for getting quick, one-off questions answered. They’re accessible from the Messages section of Twist.
Why use messages?
- To have short, 1-on-1 conversations with a teammate.
- To have a quick, finite conversation with a small group.
- To get questions answered quickly.
- To have casual small talk.
A Twist team has general messaging where you can chat with your entire team. At Doist, we renamed ours to Generalist and it's a place for light chit-chat. Read more about general channels and general messaging here.
What do messages look like?
Below, we see a screenshot with some message terminology.
- Conversations list
- Message input field
- Message attachment icon
- Messages options menu
- Message conversation options menu